Saturday, May 27, 2006

Random thoughts

Its sad how the more things change the more they remain the same. Its like every step forward is countered by 3 steps backwards. Is it so hard to let go of the past or is it something beyond my comprehension?

I do not owe anyone anything. I do not have to be nice to you. I do not even have to waste the energy it takes to be polite or fake-friendly to you. I can and will be the way I want to be.

Selfishness is a virtue. Its something I've realised quite belatedly in this very life of mine. But day by day I see its virtues more and more. Of course the selfishness I speak of is of the self-preservation mould and not the art-form that some have developed it into. But then again who decides where the line is crossed? I'm far far removed from making that qualification.

Fear and doubt are like little rodents that just keep gnawing away at you from the inside. A trite and tried metaphor mayhaps, but true nevertheless. Staying steadfast in your faith against the onslaught is what gets you through I guess.

"If it's never our fault, we can't take responsibility for it. If we can't take responsibility for it, we'll always be its victim."
- Richard Bach - from "Running From Safety"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Selfishness is a virtue.

Amen to that !!

D

8:47 AM, May 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home