Frankfurt revisited
The number of bald/shaved head men in this airport is just astounding to me. Methinks I should relocate to Germany once I finish my residency. I'd fit right in.
I feel quite strange. I thought things were hurried last time when I left home - that was nothing compared to this time round. I had 4 days to get shopped, packed and ready before I had to leave. And the first day was spent just celebrating so nothing happened. And what this lack of time has resulted in is a kinda disocciated state. It all feels very third-personly to me - this whole experience. True its been only a few hours since I left but still I know where this is heading coz in November when I did my trip I felt like this for a long time. Of course the advantage with it having been so fast is that I didn't have time to feel sad or get emotional;at least not uptil right when I was leaving. More importantly Mum's mind was kept occupied with everything and so she didn't have too much time to think about my going I guess. I don't know how good though that is for me in the long run. i think a proper, kinda like a 'grieving' period needs to be there for all round emotional and mental well-being. Now I get to Jersey and then just jump right into the orientation classes and the life-support courses and those keep me occupied till the 27th. Then I get a few days off before the start of the program on the 1st. Its gonna be quite interesting.
Actually did some studying while waiting earlier. Bored. Fell asleep almost over the book until I almost dropped it and then woke up with a start. Bought a travel adapter and a Powerade. Decided to skip food coz of the poopies situation.
And thats all you need to know for now.
I feel quite strange. I thought things were hurried last time when I left home - that was nothing compared to this time round. I had 4 days to get shopped, packed and ready before I had to leave. And the first day was spent just celebrating so nothing happened. And what this lack of time has resulted in is a kinda disocciated state. It all feels very third-personly to me - this whole experience. True its been only a few hours since I left but still I know where this is heading coz in November when I did my trip I felt like this for a long time. Of course the advantage with it having been so fast is that I didn't have time to feel sad or get emotional;at least not uptil right when I was leaving. More importantly Mum's mind was kept occupied with everything and so she didn't have too much time to think about my going I guess. I don't know how good though that is for me in the long run. i think a proper, kinda like a 'grieving' period needs to be there for all round emotional and mental well-being. Now I get to Jersey and then just jump right into the orientation classes and the life-support courses and those keep me occupied till the 27th. Then I get a few days off before the start of the program on the 1st. Its gonna be quite interesting.
Actually did some studying while waiting earlier. Bored. Fell asleep almost over the book until I almost dropped it and then woke up with a start. Bought a travel adapter and a Powerade. Decided to skip food coz of the poopies situation.
And thats all you need to know for now.

2 Comments:
did u go to the very imaginatively named cafe/bar?(yes its called that) and all the men i saw had abundant hair. what u on?
ew!!! TMI!!!
and re: baldness in gernamy, i realised that 75% of the men at Madras International airport on Wednesday night had far less hair than u. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home