The first day of Christmas....
It's cold today. Don't think it's managed to creep above 20 degrees celsius today. And there's a weakened hurricane heading our way for the long Labour day weekend.
Tomorrow I'm on call. And what makes it special tomorrow is that it's going to be my first (and the first for any PGY1s) un-supervised call. The first two months we've been having a supervisor on call with us and there's been 2 of us posted together. From tomorrow we go out into the big bad world of the G-ER by our lonesome selves with no supervisor to go running to for advice. Its a big step forward, and a scary one too. It should be cool.
And what's gonna make it so much cooler is that I have lost my voice. Yes, ladies and gentlemen - I, for once am speechless. Been having a sore throat since Sunday night's call and started on antibiotics (go Sparflox!!) since yesterday and throat felt much better when I woke up today. As I'm not in the habit of talking to myself much, I was up for more than a half hour before I realised that I couldn't squeak out any words in the morning. And I've never had that problem with a sore throat before. Anyways, kinda got better by the end of the day and am gonna be better by the morrow coz its gonna be one long day. And yay for salt-water gargling which I shy away from doing always but have done religiously for the past 5 minutes.
Note to Tee: am so proud of you; good luck babe.
Also, the other day I went to the pharmacy here and by the way, picked up my first foreign medication-Gas-X if you must know. Just kidding. But what I did find on the shelves near the ibuprofen (which is what I did pick up), was Legatrin. Do you remember that name? This is a medication my grandmom would ask people to bring from abroad as it helped with the cramps she used to get and it wasn't available in India. It brought back a whole lotta memories. Maybe I'll pick up a bottle when I head home anyways.
Tomorrow I'm on call. And what makes it special tomorrow is that it's going to be my first (and the first for any PGY1s) un-supervised call. The first two months we've been having a supervisor on call with us and there's been 2 of us posted together. From tomorrow we go out into the big bad world of the G-ER by our lonesome selves with no supervisor to go running to for advice. Its a big step forward, and a scary one too. It should be cool.
And what's gonna make it so much cooler is that I have lost my voice. Yes, ladies and gentlemen - I, for once am speechless. Been having a sore throat since Sunday night's call and started on antibiotics (go Sparflox!!) since yesterday and throat felt much better when I woke up today. As I'm not in the habit of talking to myself much, I was up for more than a half hour before I realised that I couldn't squeak out any words in the morning. And I've never had that problem with a sore throat before. Anyways, kinda got better by the end of the day and am gonna be better by the morrow coz its gonna be one long day. And yay for salt-water gargling which I shy away from doing always but have done religiously for the past 5 minutes.
Note to Tee: am so proud of you; good luck babe.
Also, the other day I went to the pharmacy here and by the way, picked up my first foreign medication-Gas-X if you must know. Just kidding. But what I did find on the shelves near the ibuprofen (which is what I did pick up), was Legatrin. Do you remember that name? This is a medication my grandmom would ask people to bring from abroad as it helped with the cramps she used to get and it wasn't available in India. It brought back a whole lotta memories. Maybe I'll pick up a bottle when I head home anyways.

0 Comments:
<< Home