Manhattan
So finally I get to spend a night in the Big Apple - a term which, by the way, a true New Yorker never says....just doing my bit to educate the masses out there.
Last week I had an interview in Brooklyn. So after finishing with that I met up with N, who was in the city on official passport business. Met him at the Indian Consulate. Corny it might sound, but it was nice to see the Tri-colour (with a 'u') flying. As is to be expected, a load of Indians in and out of the building. One poor guy asked me for directions, so I tried not to scoff, empathised, expressed my ignorance on all matters geographical in New York and sent him along his merry way. What I have found everytime I go to New York, is that I cross roads there the way a New Yorker does - well at least not like someone from the 'burbs normally does methinks. If the light is red and there is no traffic for at least 10 feet, no New Yorker worth his salt will be found waiting at the curb for the light to change. Now I ain't gotten there yet but you know...give me time.
The Consulate as such is located in a pretty nifty locality and is right off Central Park. So we hopped across to the park to meet his friend M who works for the Parks Authority of the city - pretty cool I thought. And since I was looking all dapper in suit and tie I didn't wanna show up the guys and so humbly dressed down a bit. Left our stuff there and headed over to a pub which had $1 beers till 6:30...it being 6ish already. Make haste we did and to our pleasant serendipititious surprise we found that we had time till 7 to get wasted on beer. And try we did - went thru 4 rounds before our time was up. Met some of M's friends there who were nice, some were hot. There was the one girl who was kinda my type (gonna ignore all comments going thru my reading public's head right now), there was a Dominican Republic chica being hit on quite a bit, a hot waitress being tipped outrageously, a varied crowd. Was quite fun - some ass-pinching, some nipple-tweaking, nothing too serious. I was occasionally a Doctor applying for residency, at times an ObGyn and sometimes a Cardio-thoracic surgeon....depending on what kind of audience one had. Had to wiggle my fingers suggestively on more than one occasion - just to prove a point or two.
Then we hurried back to the Park to collect our things and go to M's apartment to dump it all there and then head out for a night out on the town. He's on the 27th floor and the view is awesome. Gave me a chance to finally get outta my formal clothes too. He promised us the best appetizer in NYC and so we headed to a Vietnamese restaurant. Met up with M's sis and friend there. Appetizer was really good! Jollafying a little thinking about it now. Main course was a little fishy and stayed with me very closely for the rest of the night...if you know what I mean.
Next stop was a hookah bar - which of course means only one thing - Bellydancers, beers and apple and cherry hookahs. All of which were sampled by all. Yes. Then on to another pub, met more people there and since I was in Long Island - well not really, but as close as I'll ever be - I of course had to have an LIT. But let me tell you something - there ain't no Long Island Ice-teas like the Chennai ones. And unlike some people think, an LIT is considered a very strong, manly drink here in these parts. Yeah - you know who you are.
Met a guy there who said he was an ObGyn; at which point everyone started talking about how I was pretending to be one earlier in the day. The usual questions were asked of him: if you see something at work the whole day would you wanna play with it after you come home at night, questions about the right kind of "shocker" and how it is to be administered etc etc etc. Turns out he's a Vet, or something...not a doctor and he was trying to pull a fast one. Ha. At least I am a real doctor. Some people I tell you....
At the same pub, heard a fascinating story about someone's childhood best friend, who taught his dog to lick his um..."regions" for his own pleasure. His girlfriend finds out, and disgusted with the whole thing she was not and wants in on the action. So the dog began, um...servicing, them on a regular basis. They eventually got married and have a kid now. The dog's still with them.
Go figure. True story.
Made a stop on the way back at someone's friend's house, where some "gradeA", "fucking awesome" pot was smoked - apparently the "leaf was young and tender and wet". Sounds like it had a good time.
So we head back to M's place only to find that the elevator is not functioning for some reason. And of course y'all remember i said TWENTY SEVEN FLOORS right? That was fun. Me being sober and all - as always - no hassle. 'cept for the 27 floors I had to climb up. Some others might have had problems.
And thats all I tell you for now about that night. Deal with it.
Last week I had an interview in Brooklyn. So after finishing with that I met up with N, who was in the city on official passport business. Met him at the Indian Consulate. Corny it might sound, but it was nice to see the Tri-colour (with a 'u') flying. As is to be expected, a load of Indians in and out of the building. One poor guy asked me for directions, so I tried not to scoff, empathised, expressed my ignorance on all matters geographical in New York and sent him along his merry way. What I have found everytime I go to New York, is that I cross roads there the way a New Yorker does - well at least not like someone from the 'burbs normally does methinks. If the light is red and there is no traffic for at least 10 feet, no New Yorker worth his salt will be found waiting at the curb for the light to change. Now I ain't gotten there yet but you know...give me time.
The Consulate as such is located in a pretty nifty locality and is right off Central Park. So we hopped across to the park to meet his friend M who works for the Parks Authority of the city - pretty cool I thought. And since I was looking all dapper in suit and tie I didn't wanna show up the guys and so humbly dressed down a bit. Left our stuff there and headed over to a pub which had $1 beers till 6:30...it being 6ish already. Make haste we did and to our pleasant serendipititious surprise we found that we had time till 7 to get wasted on beer. And try we did - went thru 4 rounds before our time was up. Met some of M's friends there who were nice, some were hot. There was the one girl who was kinda my type (gonna ignore all comments going thru my reading public's head right now), there was a Dominican Republic chica being hit on quite a bit, a hot waitress being tipped outrageously, a varied crowd. Was quite fun - some ass-pinching, some nipple-tweaking, nothing too serious. I was occasionally a Doctor applying for residency, at times an ObGyn and sometimes a Cardio-thoracic surgeon....depending on what kind of audience one had. Had to wiggle my fingers suggestively on more than one occasion - just to prove a point or two.
Then we hurried back to the Park to collect our things and go to M's apartment to dump it all there and then head out for a night out on the town. He's on the 27th floor and the view is awesome. Gave me a chance to finally get outta my formal clothes too. He promised us the best appetizer in NYC and so we headed to a Vietnamese restaurant. Met up with M's sis and friend there. Appetizer was really good! Jollafying a little thinking about it now. Main course was a little fishy and stayed with me very closely for the rest of the night...if you know what I mean.
Next stop was a hookah bar - which of course means only one thing - Bellydancers, beers and apple and cherry hookahs. All of which were sampled by all. Yes. Then on to another pub, met more people there and since I was in Long Island - well not really, but as close as I'll ever be - I of course had to have an LIT. But let me tell you something - there ain't no Long Island Ice-teas like the Chennai ones. And unlike some people think, an LIT is considered a very strong, manly drink here in these parts. Yeah - you know who you are.
Met a guy there who said he was an ObGyn; at which point everyone started talking about how I was pretending to be one earlier in the day. The usual questions were asked of him: if you see something at work the whole day would you wanna play with it after you come home at night, questions about the right kind of "shocker" and how it is to be administered etc etc etc. Turns out he's a Vet, or something...not a doctor and he was trying to pull a fast one. Ha. At least I am a real doctor. Some people I tell you....
At the same pub, heard a fascinating story about someone's childhood best friend, who taught his dog to lick his um..."regions" for his own pleasure. His girlfriend finds out, and disgusted with the whole thing she was not and wants in on the action. So the dog began, um...servicing, them on a regular basis. They eventually got married and have a kid now. The dog's still with them.
Go figure. True story.
Made a stop on the way back at someone's friend's house, where some "gradeA", "fucking awesome" pot was smoked - apparently the "leaf was young and tender and wet". Sounds like it had a good time.
So we head back to M's place only to find that the elevator is not functioning for some reason. And of course y'all remember i said TWENTY SEVEN FLOORS right? That was fun. Me being sober and all - as always - no hassle. 'cept for the 27 floors I had to climb up. Some others might have had problems.
And thats all I tell you for now about that night. Deal with it.

11 Comments:
chee chee.....i remember the days when you were a good indian boy.
(1) 'went thru 4 rounds' i am shocked.. u?? beer??? what happ to the vodka+lemonade+3 ice cubes???
(2) 'wiggle my fingers suggestively on more than one occasion' EEEEEEEEEEEEWW!!!
(3) apple and cherry hookahs being sampled... all i can say is that once u're back YOU BETTER NOT BE COMPLAINING ABT PASSIVE SMOKING. you're one of "us" now
(4) 'LIT is considered a very strong, manly drink here' dude! that's what u said abt the vodka+sprite+3 ice cubes combo back in the B&B days
(5) the alleged true story... almost as ew as ur suggestive finger wiggling and i REFUSE to believe it.
(6) climbing 27 floors?!?! blimey! Ilango will be PROUD.
nipple tweaking?? NIPPLE tweaking?? nipple TWEAKING?? anyway u look at it, its eeewwwww!!
tweak! tweak! ;-)
the LIT is still a girls drink...........if u can t handle it............don t be calling it names like "a man s drink"......and stop it with the tweaking of nipples........already!
Who said I can't handle it?!!?! Bring on the pitchers people...
tweak!
i miss watching elango s ass.............sigh.....
Ah. That last comment revealed who Anonymous is....there can be only one.
ditto countrymouse! i didn't know anon knew elango from ramesh from... u know what i mean
hehe... c'est vraiment mon amie.
Post a Comment
<< Home